moving from a camper to a boat

Well the time has come for us to finally (finally!) Hopefully get the boat up to Juneau. I wanted to sell the camper (travel trailer) we are living in in the summer instead of waiting until the boat is here in the fall because I was afraid no one would buy a camper in the fall in Juneau Alaska. 
So we put it on craigslist and 3 days later it's conditionally sold to a couple that are in the process of selling their house. There is a huge market in Juneau for sellers because there are way more people than houses...hence why we got a camper & the campground we are at is completely full. 
So we are currently in Seattle for my youngest son's soccer tournament. Middle school and they are flying because that's how you travel for sports in Juneau. Still amazing to me. 
After this weekend I will be back in Juneau for a month while my husband & son 3 head to the boat in California for the summer to work on it and get it ready to go. Son #2 is flying back to WV where son #1 currently is so he can go to a weeklong camp with his old friends. Then sons 1 & 2 will fly to the boat. 
In the meantime I have work & need to pack up the camper into a storage unit. I get to telework for July & the start of August so I'll get to join my whole crew on the boat! 
We've had the boat for 3 years now and I still haven't seen it in person! Apparently it's long enough that's it's considered a "super yacht". It is definitely much bigger than we need, but in order to be able to sail across the ocean ww need a big boat. 
Once August rolls around & school starts I have to be back in Juneau with sons 2 & 3. Son #1 plans to switch to online college but where he'll live is TBD. 
The boat may or may not be up in Juneau at that point so we might end up in a hotel again for a bit, but it would be nice if the boat got up there in mid-August with us. 
Right now it has a galley, a half bath, and engine room completed & masts, but it needs bathrooms, sails and the interior for bedrooms finished. The nice thing about getting a boat where the interior isn't finished is we can do whatever we want! 
Fingers crossed it's closer to August than October for the boat! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September & October on the boat

a brief history of the Aurora, originally the R/V Phuma

Aurora ship photos