killing time at the airport

So the soccer tournament is over. ⚽ It's was fun. 
My husband and youngest are now driving to CA to our boat. 
My middle son flew this morning back to WV where our oldest is for a week long Younglife camp with his WV friends. I'm excited for him because he hasn't seen them in a year. 
I am flying all by my lonesome back to AK. I have 2 weeks to pack up the camper into a storage unit, the camper is tentatively sold as long as the buyers house sells, which it should considering the Juneau housing market. 
I know it's only 2 weeks and I shouldn't complain but it feels longer. 
At the end of June all 5 of us will reconverge in CA on the boat for a month, then we go to WV for 2 weeks so I can see my friends who I miss more than the kids miss their friends apparently & have Dr & dentist appointments because I'm weirdly sentimental about the boys switching Drs from the one they've had since our oldest was a baby. 🤷🏼‍♀️
So as I sit at Sea-tac 5hrs before my flight I have to say that is not my favorite airport. I liked that I could walk to the airport because driving to get my Thursday night took and hour. And I got up to security quickly but I stood with no shoes on for 10 minutes waiting for my bag & my feet hurt a lot now. Darn neuropathy, I wonder if I could get a Dr waiver to keep my shoes on...🤔 
I don't know why I'm flying Delta when I usually from Alaska. Alaska air goes several times a day, delta goes once so I am stuck here all day. The terminal is packed. I'm sitting on the floor in the middle of the terminal against a post. 
It's much different when you don't have to rush to your plane. I got a lavender fields latte from Cafe Flora. ☕ It's interesting, but good. 
I took a bunch of pictures and I'm bored because I still have 5hrs till my flight.
the walkway to the airport
more walkway
the walkway got more colorful the closer you get
in case you need a diaper. You never know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September & October on the boat

a brief history of the Aurora, originally the R/V Phuma

Aurora ship photos